- How do I reset my account if I forgot my password?
Click on the “forgot password” link and follow the steps to reset your password.
How much is a deposit for service?
Deposits vary depending on average usage at location. Call us with an address and we will let you know the deposit amount required or you may enroll in our Power2Go pre-paid metering program and not have to pay a deposit.
- If I have a deposit on my account, when will I get it back?
Deposits are refunded upon disconnection of service and when members have paid twenty-four (24) consecutive residential, commercial or industrial billings without having service disconnected for non-payment of a bill and without having more than two occasions in which a bill was delinquent, and when member is not delinquent in payment of current bills. The Cooperative will promptly refund the deposit and accrued interest in the form of credit to the member’s account.
- Can my account draft from a debit or credit card?
No, only checking or saving accounts. We would need your bank routing number and your bank account number.
- What are the requirements for Budget Billing?
The member must be billed under the Cooperative’s residential or small commercial and general service rates. The member must have had twelve (12) consecutive actual monthly billings, excluding estimated bills, in his/her name at the current address. The member may not have been delinquent more than two (2) times or may not have been disconnected for nonpayment during the prior twelve (12) months. The member’s account must be current.
- Do you have discounts for senior citizens?
We waive deposit requirements if a member is sixty-five (65) or older and has no outstanding account balance with the Cooperative or another utility during the past two (2) years. If assistance is needed with a bill, call the office for a list of agencies.
- Why is my bill so high?
It is simply usage. Upshur Rural is an electric cooperative which means we are a non-profit, member-owned utility that provides electrical service to members in rural areas. The Cooperative business model is based on democratic control not on shareholder wants.
- I have assistance but my balance does not reflect it. When will it show up on my account?
Assistance agencies send a pledge which we use to note your account. We are aware you have assistance but it will not reflect on your account until we actually receive the payment. A note will appear on your bill when assistance is pending.
- Where can I pay my bill?
Payments for your electric bill may be made several ways.
- Upshur Rural SmartHub
- By Bank Draft - You can sign up for bank draft through our SmartHub App or a form is available on our website.
- By Phone – Use our free and secure, automatic pay by phone system. Simply dial 888.223.2056 and follow the instructions. We accept Visa, Mastercard or electronic check.
- MoneyGram – Go to www.moneygram.com/billpaylocations to find the closest bill pay location to you. MoneyGram Receive code is 15153
- By Mail – Use the envelope provided in your bill.
- In Person (during business hours) – Our offices are located at 1200 W. Tyler Street in Gilmer. Our cashiers accept cash, money orders, or checks. Debit cards, credit cards (Visa or Mastercard) or electronic checks may be used at the kiosk in our lobby.
- In Person (after business hours) – Our kiosk is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It is located to the left of our main office doors and it will accept cash, debit cards, credit cards (Visa or Mastercard) or electronic checks.